This year, I chose to be painter, inspiration, and Mexican cultural icon Frida Kahlo for Halloween. Because I had previously sewn or crafted my Halloween costumes, I decided to make it easy this year and combined store items. I had two options for the costume, but chose the one with more roses. This is the one I chose and the elements that made it up.
What I wore:
- Red and black rose headband from Tiger Stores
- Black and red rose wrap top from Primark/Penneys
- Black tiered ruffle skirt from Gap
- Black tights from Primark/Penneys
- Black ankle boots from Clarks
- Gold wide cuff bracelet and layered necklaces from Primark/Penneys
- Gold earrings from Accessorize (the 2015 Monsoon Sale haul)
Overall, the costume was simple. The most challenging part was my hairstyle as well as not touching my unibrow makeup. I smudged it mid-day and the ladies at work came to my rescue.
If you were to dress as a famous painter, who would you choose and what one trademark element of their appearance would you need to incorporate?