A family favorite since first bite and the one appetizer/snack we know to always make two of! Especially if we’re going to Frank and Maureen’s house because Frank always enjoys one all to himself. Well deserved too since he saves it for after all the holiday cooking and dishes are done and he can put his feet up.
If you love spinach artichoke dip, you’ll love this!
Hot Artichoke & Pepper Cheese Dip
- 17 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 ounces canned green chili peppers
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded (if using Pepper Jack, omit the green chilis)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl or food processor, blend the artichoke hearts and chili peppers. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and continue mixing.
3. Once the ingredients are blended completely, spoon half the artichoke mixture into an oven-safe, non-metal pie dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese over the mixture. Spoon the remaining artichoke mixture over that. Add the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the dip.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with tortilla chips, Triscuits®, or pita chips.