We like to write our Christmas letters to Santa early here so he can plan accordingly. After all, it takes time to do what he does. This weekend, LB and I sat down to decide what we each want for our birthdays and Christmas, plus we tried to think what AH would like for Christmas. This is the resulting list of what I want for Christmas and my birthday – I’ll follow up to share what we’re giving our children in case you need ideas for the kids in your life. Disclosure: Amazon.co.uk links are affiliate links in this post. I would be listing the same things anyway, but this way if you happen to click through and buy something I get a tiny little amount that helps me buy more books and craft supplies which I then write about in this blog. I currently don’t use any other affiliate programs.
I am wishing for…
Yes, just like last year, I am wishing for matching dishes – something I’ve not had since May 2008.
- Churchill 4969111 18-Piece Toile Blue Set
- Nicola Spring Patterned Cereal Bowls – Set of six
- Delling Dessert Bowls/Breakfast Bowls
- White Cereal Bowl 6-Piece
I’m also wishing for some odds and ends which are fairly practical or replacing things we’ve lost or worn out.
- Big UV Torch or Mini UV Flashlight (Essential tool for my Aurora Ultraviolet Knits book)
- Apple Watch band
- Schoppel-Wolle Admiral R Druck 1864, Mint Grey
- Costume Bee Brooch
- Pie/Cake Server
- Magnetic Wood Folding Chess Board
- Ocean Monsters (Penguin Young Readers: Level 4)
- Animal Architects (L3) (National Geographic Readers)
- Poppy Bee Four Premium Stainless Steel Reusable Straws with Cleaning Brush
- Niddy Noddy (PVC pipe DIY tutorial or wood Etsy option)
- Bee Garden Tote Bag (M&S)
- Tree Rex socks (Accessorize)(got it!)
- Lacis Metal Jumbo Yarn Ball Winder (Amazon.co.uk) – My in-laws got me this, how thoughtful and amazing are they?!
All I’ve heard are recommendations, so this one is definitely on my list.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama (got it at Vibes & Scribes!)
Kindle Books (saves space):
On New Year’s Eve, I tend to have a recent tradition of treating myself to a few Kindle books, so it’ll be one of these this year.
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Dessert, Diamonds and Deadly Secrets (box set) by A.R. Winters
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown
- Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible: 260 Exquisite Patterns by Hitomi Shida by Hitomi Shida, Gayle Roehm
- Maeve in America: Essays by a Girl from Somewhere Else by Maeve Higgins
- Applied Empathy: The New Language of Leadership by Michael Ventura
- Connect: How to Use Data and Experience Marketing to Create Lifetime Customers by Lars Birkholm Petersen, Ron Person