You know we all have our tried and true favourites that we turn to again and again, whether it is a reliable recipe, well-worn shoes, or even a route to work. Of course, there are other recipes, shoes, and routes we avoid once we’ve tried them once. Just as we all know there are those stunning patterns that have us singing from the hilltops when we cast off because as beautiful as it is, the process was arduous. Well, we’re not talking about those today, but about the ones that have us casting on another nearly as soon as we’ve cast off the first. I sat down with a few of my knitting friends to ask them, “What is your favorite pattern to knit or crochet again and again?” Because if a pattern is enjoyable enough it will become a favorite and not just a one-knit wonder. These are their answers…
• I never knit or crochet the same thing twice.
• Crocheted Scarves… And Christening blankets.
• A classic baby cardigan. When I find the right pattern, I stick to it.
• A crocheted sweater for myself which I make over and over with a half-treble stitch.
• Very few things do I knit repeatedly. Basic socks. Doll sweaters of my own design. I’ve knit a number of Elizabeth Zimmermann’s baby surprise jacket.
What is your favorite pattern to knit or crochet again and again?