My Grandma loved chocolate so much. Almost as much as she loved me. She handed down her favorite brownie recipe to me in her well-used recipe box and now I’m sharing it with you. Only my version has a twist, Reese’s Pieces Candy!
Grandma’s Reese’s Pieces Brownies
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Reeses Pieces (or chopped nuts, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or marshmallows)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat eggs until thick. Beat in sugar.
3. Melt chocolate and shortening together over hot water. Add to egg mixture. Add flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and Reese’s Pieces.
4. Spread thinly over greased shallow pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until silver knife is dry after testing.