It’s a challenge to cook healthy nourishing meals when time is short in the morning, so my friend Julianne showed me how to make an Easy Breakfast Soufflé. So, here are the steps in photos along with the basic recipe.
Easy Breakfast Soufflé
Ingredients for each soufflé:
1 egg, lightly beaten
Fresh basil, torn into bits
1/2 piece whole grain or seeded/bloomer bread, torn into bits
1 1/2 tablespoons shredded cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1. Put one egg in each coffee mug then lightly beat.
2. Ripa few basil leaves apart and add to each mug.
3. Drop in the ripped pieces of bread.
4. Stir the ingredients together to mix, making sure the bread is coated in egg.
5. Add in the shredded cheese on top.
6. It’s ready to go in the microwave! For a 750-watt microwave, cook on high for 2 minutes.
7. It’s done! Dig in. A dash or two of Tabasco is optional, but nice for an extra kickstart to the day.
What is your morning shortcut to be nourished without sacrificing sleep?