I love playing around with scone recipes and even though no result can hold a candle to what can be bought locally (especially at Fenn’s Quay), I like to try and my latest experiment is Cranberry-Orange Mini Scones.
Cranberry-Orange Mini Scones
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar) together. Add dried cranberries and 1 cup milk. Mix together.
3. In a small bowl, pour the remaining 1 cup of milk and add both eggs. Beat together then pour into larger bowl to blend with dry ingredients. Stir in the orange zest and orange extract.
4. Pour the scone batter into a 10” cast iron skillet and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
5. Cut into slices and serve with a selection of jams, honey, and butter. Best enjoyed alongside a cup of tea.